|Published:||May 28, 2010 6:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 6:11 PM EDT|
PORT CHARLOTTE, Fla. - The threat of hurricanes has one Port Charlotte woman terrified. That's because a utility wire in her yard is embedded in a large tree branch. The wire is slowly cutting the limb off the tree and if high winds bring the tree down, there's a chance the tree will pull down the wire and the nearby utility pole.
The Port Charlotte resident contacted Florida Power and Light, but says the utility wouldn't help her; that is, until she called WINK.
WINK News contacted Florida Power and Light concerning the potentially dangerous situation and one of their employees was dispatched to the home to photograph the power lines. After assessing the situation, FPL plans to remove the branch.
- Deputies find body at scene of Pt. Charlotte house fire
- FMPD arrests women caught on camera stealing lotto tickets
- Woman faces DUI charges after crash involving 6 children
- 4 Collier Co. children involved in 2 near drowning incidents
- Witnesses says Naples man killed ducklings with a broom
- Chrysler agrees to recall of Jeeps at risk of fire
- Top choice drops out of consideration for Lee Co. Manager
- Twins minor league team involved in Fla. crash
- DCF investigates Cape Coral infant's death
- LDAS seeks information regarding 2nd recent cat shooting