|Published:||May 28, 2010 5:25 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 2:25 PM EDT|
ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. (AP) - Police in a small town near Tampa say a former writer for the 1980s cartoon series "Thundercats" was killed.
Stephen Perry's van was found abandoned at a Tampa hotel May 16, with a severed body part nearby.
The Zephyrhills mayor has said it was an arm, but police declined to provide details - including whether Perry's body had been found or why they declared him a homicide victim Thursday.
Perry's home was found ransacked, and two roommates were also missing. They have since been arrested on unrelated charges but called "persons of interest."
Perry's wrote for numerous comics, like "Timespirits," and scripted the "Silverhawks" cartoon -- but friends say he never made much money. He was recently broke and had trouble finding health care for his potentially fatal bladder cancer.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis