|Published:||May 28, 2010 10:31 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 4:41 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The Fort Myers Police Department is investigating an attempted abduction, which was reported around 10:46 a.m. in the 3400 block of Fowler Street.
The victim, described as a 13-year-old girl, says she was walking when the suspect pulled up in a vehicle and told her to get in the car. The victim refused to comply with the request and it was at this point that the suspect jumped out of his car and grabbed her.
A witness to the incident yelled at the perpetrator to release the victim. The suspect then fled the scene in his vehicle -- without the girl.
The victim described the suspect as a black male in his mid-fifties, wearing blue jeans, a blue shirt and a white baseball hat. He was driving a four-door white vehicle, described as possibly a Nissan or Toyota with a Florida tag and an Obama '09 bumper sticker.
Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637), keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- Defense releases photos, texts of Trayvon Martin
- LCSO: Hohensee died from self-inflicted gun shot wound
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- A look at the dangers of riding a motorcycle
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Charlotte County does away with PE class