|Published:||May 28, 2010 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 2:04 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - WINK News has learned that a man who stabbed himself in the neck after deputies arrested him in a sting remains in the hospital in critical condition.
Authorities say 28-year-old Paul Lisowski met up with undercover detectives in Lehigh Acres on Wednesday, May 26, following multiple chats on Facebook. Deputies say Paul Lisowski used Facebook to contact a teen girl with whom he had had a previous relationship. He was arrested in December of 2009 on charges of lewd and lascivious molestation involving the same girl.
Deputies say Lisowski moved away but kept in touch with the girl through Facebook chat. Her parents contacted police after reading a recent chat on Facebook. In addition, police reports indicate that a "no contact order" is in effect to prevent contact between the suspect and the victim.
The meeting was arranged over the internet, as investigators posed as the teenage girl, so When deputies went to make the arrest, they say Lisowski stabbed himself in the neck.
Lisowski was rushed to the hospital where he's recovering. He now faces charges of interfering with child custody, violation of a protection order and computer crimes charges.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks