|Published:||May 28, 2010 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 2:04 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - WINK News has learned that a man who stabbed himself in the neck after deputies arrested him in a sting remains in the hospital in critical condition.
Authorities say 28-year-old Paul Lisowski met up with undercover detectives in Lehigh Acres on Wednesday, May 26, following multiple chats on Facebook. Deputies say Paul Lisowski used Facebook to contact a teen girl with whom he had had a previous relationship. He was arrested in December of 2009 on charges of lewd and lascivious molestation involving the same girl.
Deputies say Lisowski moved away but kept in touch with the girl through Facebook chat. Her parents contacted police after reading a recent chat on Facebook. In addition, police reports indicate that a "no contact order" is in effect to prevent contact between the suspect and the victim.
The meeting was arranged over the internet, as investigators posed as the teenage girl, so When deputies went to make the arrest, they say Lisowski stabbed himself in the neck.
Lisowski was rushed to the hospital where he's recovering. He now faces charges of interfering with child custody, violation of a protection order and computer crimes charges.
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- Men called heroes after pulling man from Golden Gate lake
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- Chiquita Lock changes operating hours for the holidays
- St. Pete woman accidentally shot boyfriend
- NASA suspects bad valve for space station trouble
- Boy, 4, may have died of bacterial meningitis
- North Fla. deputies fatally shoot man