|Published:||May 28, 2010 10:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 28, 2010 7:44 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES - Tonight, a candlelight vigil will be held for the victims of a recent stabbing in Lehigh Acres.
One of the victims, three-month-old Josue Rosales died after his grandfather, identified as Manuel Rosales, allegedly slit his throat. His mother, Karminda Rosales Salazar, was also critically injured in the attack.
The vigil is slated for Friday night in front of the Rosales home on Gilbert Avenue South in Lehigh Acres, from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
Notably, new and disturbing new details have been uncovered by our partners at The News Press. Manuel Rosales' estranged wife told the paper that she suspects he fathered a son with his daughter.
Rosales, who lives in South Florida, described the pair's relationship as affection in a way that a husband would treat his wife. The two would reportedly spend hours talking in her room and often hugged, kissed and held hands.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office would not confirm whether it's looking into the possibility of incest.
Rosales says she left her husband in November and hasn't spoken to him since and plans on filing for divorce. She went on to say she doesn't believe he was capable of killing but that his daughter -- who is fighting for her life -- was often the target of his anger.
The three-month-old baby died as a result of his injuries. Notably, the organizers of tonight's candlelight vigil told WINK that she's hoping to raise awareness about the realities of domestic violence.
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space