|Published:||May 27, 2010 9:42 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 6:43 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - On Sunday, May 23, 2010 at 11:06 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a robbery at the Stop and Shop located at 3691 Evans Avenue. According to witnesses a white male wearing all black clothing and a mask entered the store. He was armed with a handgun and demanded money. He fled on foot.
On Tuesday, May 25, 2010 at 11:27 p.m. the Fort Myers Police Department responded to a robbery at the Super Stop located at 3485 Fowler Street. In this case, two men entered the store wearing all black clothing and white gloves. One of them, a white male, was wearing a mask and armed with a handgun. The other suspect was a black male who stood at the door while the crime took place. In this case, the armed suspect discharged his firearm but no one was hurt. Witnesses say the suspects fled the scene in a gold or possibly gray Dodge Intrepid. A white female was seen driving the car.
Police believe the two cases are related. Police have received several good tips from citizens after the media aired surveillance video from Tuesday’s robbery. Police are releasing video from Sunday’s robbery in hopes of encouraging more callers. Anyone with information is asked to call FMPD at 321-7700, Crime Stoppers at 1-800-780-TIPS or text message C-R-I-M-E-S (274637) Keyword FMPD. Tipsters can remain anonymous.
- FMPD arrests robbery suspect linked to 5 robberies
- Thousands of bees attack woman in the Cape
- Crash on Westgate Blvd. injures 3
- Store owner's surveillance cameras catch alleged thieves
- Collier home destroyed by fire
- Tropical Depression Two forms near Belize
- Victims say man exposed himself in Naples beach parking lot
- Real estate search begins for Hertz executives
- New Lee superintendent to make $169,000 her first year
- Zombies to unite at Bell Tower for a good cause