|Published:||May 27, 2010 5:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 2:56 PM EDT|
BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - Authorities ordered an evacuation of a K-Mart store and the other stores in the Bonita Springs shopping center late Thursday morning, following the discovery of a suspicious package.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office conducted an investigation at the shopping center, located at Bonita Beach Road Southeast; it was determined that the suspicious suitcase was empty.
Workers and shoppers were allowed to return to the K-Mart store and other businesses in the shopping center shortly before noon Thursday.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend