BONITA SPRINGS, Fla. - Authorities ordered an evacuation of a K-Mart store and the other stores in the Bonita Springs shopping center late Thursday morning, following the discovery of a suspicious package.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office conducted an investigation at the shopping center, located at Bonita Beach Road Southeast; it was determined that the suspicious suitcase was empty.
Workers and shoppers were allowed to return to the K-Mart store and other businesses in the shopping center shortly before noon Thursday.
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Consumer group flags high SPF ratings on sunscreen
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th
- Shooting investigation in North Fort Myers