|Published:||May 27, 2010 5:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 2:28 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - A suspect stabbed himself in the neck after deputies arrest him for computer crimes.
Authorities say 28-year-old Paul Lisowski met up with undercover detectives in Lehigh Acres overnight. The meeting was arranged over the internet. When deputies went to make the arrest, they say Lisowski stabbed himself in the neck.
Police say that Lisowski thought he was meeting the original victim from his 2009 lewd and lacivious molestation charge. Police reports indicate that a "no contact order" is in effect to protect the victim. Investigators started investigating Lisowski after they were notified that he had allegedly been contacting the victim.
Lisowski was rushed to the hospital where he's recovering. He now faces charges of interfering with child custody, violation of a protection order and computer crimes charges.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate
- 2 Collier beach access points reopen after replacing sand