|Published:||May 27, 2010 5:39 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 2:40 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lee County fire investigators say a Lehigh Acres house fire started in the home's kitchen.
The fire broke out Thursday morning. Firefighters were actually en route to another fire when they spotted signs of a fire at a home located at the corner of Gunnery Road and Third Street West.
Firefighters knocked out the flames, but not before they caused an estimated $5,000 to $6,000 in damage. No one was home when the fire broke out.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers