|Published:||May 27, 2010 4:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 1:08 AM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - WINK News first told you about a story about animal abuse earlier this week.
A woman was charged with leaving three of her dogs for dead right in her own yard. One died. The other was euthanized, but one lucky dog did survive... and has found a new home.
We caught up with the dog's new owners who said the animal is perfect for them.
When Diana Cintra adopted the dog from animal services, she didn't know why he needed rescued. Then, we told her about the report we did two days ago and that he was left for dead.
"I just can't understand how anybody could do that. I really don't."
Now, the dog has a new home... and a new name - Zeke. Diana said she was searching the internet for a dog after her daughters ran away. On the Lee County Animal Services website, Zeke was the last dog listed on the last page.
"He reminded my husband and I of the dog we had when we first got together and we just knew that we had to have him."
Diana said he doesn't show any signs of being abused. His only odd activity - he does not like riding in cars and won't jump.
"He's just like ever other puppy, until you put your hand on him. If you take your hand away, he searches for it. He really just wants to be loved."
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- Firefighters rescue driver from atop his submerged vehicle
- Despite loss, FGCU fans make the best of game day
- LCSO searches for hit & run suspect, bicyclist hospitalized
- Crist defends President Obama, blasts Scott
- Security plans for Boston Marathon to be detailed