|Published:||May 27, 2010 7:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 4:36 PM EDT|
Deputies are on the lookout in Immokalee: for good behavior.
With the support of the Collier County Sheriff's Office and Handy Food Stores, youngsters in Immokalee stay cool during the summer by performing good deeds.
Whenever a deputy sees a student wearing a bike helmet, going out of his or her way to help someone, or giving back to the community, the deputy will hand out a coupon for a free small ICEE drink. The coupon can be redeemed at any of the six Handy Food Stores in Immokalee.
A thousand coupons have been donated to CCSO to help emphasize the importance of good decision-making, being kind to others and doing the right thing.
Youth and Delinquency Services Division Cmdr. Beth Jones said the coupons are a great tool for deputies to approach and develop relationships with youngsters in Immokalee.
CCSO is also taking part in Operation Chill where 7-Eleven has donated 2,000 free Slurpee coupons. These coupons are being distributed to kids throughout Collier County to help encourage and reward positive behavior.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral