|Published:||May 27, 2010 7:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 27, 2010 4:36 PM EDT|
Deputies are on the lookout in Immokalee: for good behavior.
With the support of the Collier County Sheriff's Office and Handy Food Stores, youngsters in Immokalee stay cool during the summer by performing good deeds.
Whenever a deputy sees a student wearing a bike helmet, going out of his or her way to help someone, or giving back to the community, the deputy will hand out a coupon for a free small ICEE drink. The coupon can be redeemed at any of the six Handy Food Stores in Immokalee.
A thousand coupons have been donated to CCSO to help emphasize the importance of good decision-making, being kind to others and doing the right thing.
Youth and Delinquency Services Division Cmdr. Beth Jones said the coupons are a great tool for deputies to approach and develop relationships with youngsters in Immokalee.
CCSO is also taking part in Operation Chill where 7-Eleven has donated 2,000 free Slurpee coupons. These coupons are being distributed to kids throughout Collier County to help encourage and reward positive behavior.
- Motorcyclist injured after crash on Nelson at Tropicana
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- Cape Fire Station 2 closes for repairs due to mold
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- An iconic ship gets a chance to set sail on a new voyage
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- 'Dunk City' could host 2014 gubernatorial debate