|Published:||May 26, 2010 10:41 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 26, 2010 7:41 AM EDT|
Lee County Commissioners open a two day hearing today for a proposed mine on Corkscrew Road. A Boca Raton company wants to open up the Rock Mine to blast for limestone at depths of more than 100 feet. This wouldn't be the first mine of it's kind in the area and that's why neighbors say enough is enough. They plan to protest at the hearings about the amount of noise and traffic they'll have to suffer through for years if the mine is approved.
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- Legal fate of FSU quarterback to be answered
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New Bridge has Glitch that Keeps a Section Up for 30 Mins.