|Published:||May 26, 2010 3:27 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 10:28 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - Country singer Mindy McCready will spend the night in a Lee County hospital.
Tuesday morning, her mother called 911 saying her daughter may have overdosed on drugs.
"911, what is your emergency?"
"My daughter has just taken an overdose."
Country Singer Mindy McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, said her daughter has been on a painkiller since she broke her toe.
"I know she took darvocet and she said something about a muscle relaxer, but I don't see that bottle anywhere. There was a lot of darvocet in the bottle and I don't know how many she took, but she's claiming she took a lot."
McCready has a history of drug abuse, but her mom said she may have overreacted when she called 911 this time. WINK News caught up Inge at Cape Coral hospital. She talked to us about what happened earlier.
"She was just not completely able to talk to me and I noticed her spilling her coffee and I went to get her some coffee and she was spilling it a little bit and I saw an empty bottle of pills and I might have over, you know."
Inge and McCready are in a custody dispute over the singers son Zander, but Inge said this is not a publicity stunt or a ploy to keep Zander from his mother.
"Mindy and I are together on this. I want her to have her son back. Whatever help she needs, I want her to get it."
McCready was just on the VH-1 show Celebrity Rehab with Doctor Drew.
Her rep said she just had a bad reaction to the pain killers.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man accused of killing dog with pickaxe appears in court
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Cape woman at center of life support controversy passes away
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Woman, 97, hit by trooper dies of injuries
- Car drives into hole in Cape Coral