|Published:||May 25, 2010 7:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 4:53 PM EDT|
PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) - A state prison inmate who was mistakenly released last week has been captured after a scuffle with deputies near Tampa.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said 45-year-old Roy David Kinard was found Tuesday at a motel in Palm Harbor. Authorities said Kinard was mistakenly released from the Central Florida Reception Center in Orlando on Wednesday night. He had completed his prison sentence and left before Pasco County authorities could pick him up on other pending charges.
He was captured by deputies responding to a trespassing call at the motel, but not before he allegedly gave them a false name, threatened them with scissors and kicked one of them in the chest. He's facing a variety of charges involving violence.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption