|Published:||May 25, 2010 7:53 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 4:53 PM EDT|
PALM HARBOR, Fla. (AP) - A state prison inmate who was mistakenly released last week has been captured after a scuffle with deputies near Tampa.
The Pinellas County Sheriff's Office said 45-year-old Roy David Kinard was found Tuesday at a motel in Palm Harbor. Authorities said Kinard was mistakenly released from the Central Florida Reception Center in Orlando on Wednesday night. He had completed his prison sentence and left before Pasco County authorities could pick him up on other pending charges.
He was captured by deputies responding to a trespassing call at the motel, but not before he allegedly gave them a false name, threatened them with scissors and kicked one of them in the chest. He's facing a variety of charges involving violence.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Support for smack cam victim grows, victim responds
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41
- Grinch steals Christmas trees from Lemon Bay students