FORT MYERS, Fla. - Authorities were dispatched to the site of an accident involving a tanker truck and a smaller vehicle, which was initially trapped under the semi-truck.
The crash was reported at 12:35 p.m. in the area of Bayshore Road and Hart Road; deputies arrived on-scene at 12:56 p.m. A witness told authorities that the 18-year-old driver of a Honda was texting as she was attempting to turn into a gas station; that's when the crash occurred.
By 1:12 p.m., the vehicle had been pulled out from under the tanker truck. No injuries were reported. Authorities say there was no indication of a leak of the tanker truck's contents.
pictures curtesy of Kyle Walton of Eddie's Towing
- Suspects on the loose after allegedly robbing Iberia Bank
- How life has changed for Fort Myers 2007 lotto winner
- Local bar named Best beach bar in America
- FMPD forced to pay back overtime
- Record tourist season adds 1,700 hospitality jobs in Collier
- Naples tops 'Healthy Living' poll
- Fl construction adds jobs