|Published:||May 25, 2010 3:16 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 3:16 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Authorities were dispatched to the site of an accident involving a tanker truck and a smaller vehicle, which was initially trapped under the semi-truck.
The crash was reported at 12:35 p.m. in the area of Bayshore Road and Hart Road; deputies arrived on-scene at 12:56 p.m. A witness told authorities that the 18-year-old driver of a Honda was texting as she was attempting to turn into a gas station; that's when the crash occurred.
By 1:12 p.m., the vehicle had been pulled out from under the tanker truck. No injuries were reported. Authorities say there was no indication of a leak of the tanker truck's contents.
pictures curtesy of Kyle Walton of Eddie's Towing
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys