|Published:||May 25, 2010 9:56 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 9:56 AM EDT|
It's a promising sign that the unemployment numbers have dropped. people are finding work...while others are still desperately searching.
Home-tech recently hired several new workers, including Kimberly Rishing. She'd been unemployed, but took a job in retail just to make ends meet.
Finally...the owner of Home-tech created a position...and hired Kimberly.
Her advice to job seekers, "keep a chin up, keep plugging at it, try to get more creative on how to get yourself out there. Don't just shoot out a resume...you have to get out there yourself."
Jay Krause recently lost his job.
"I used to have two jobs, then I was down to one, and now I'm down to nothing."
The new figures are skewed a bit because the number of workers and those searching for work both dropped.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti