|Published:||May 25, 2010 11:43 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 7:43 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - Country singer Mindy McCready has been admitted to Cape Coral Hospital overnight, following her mother's frantic call to 911, reporting that her daughter had overdosed on prescription medication, including painkillers.
In an interview with WINK News, McCready's mother, Gayle Inge, admitted that she may have overreacted when she saw her daughters symptoms. McCready's mother reportedly gave her 4 prescription painkillers due to a recent mishap involving a broken toe.
McCready is said to be alert and talking; she is listed in good condition at Cape Coral Hospital.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office and paramedics were dispatched to McCready's mother's home on Sandburg Drive in North Fort Myers at 10:38 a.m. Tuesday, May 25.
"The family asks for your respect of their privacy and appreciates your thoughts and prayers at this time," a press release stated.
McCready recently appeared in a Lee County courthouse for a custody-related hearing. She's also made headlines for a recent sex tape and her appearance on VH1's Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
McCready surfaced in 1996 with No. 1 hit, "Guys Do It All The Time," and a double-platinum album, "Ten Thousand Angels." In recent years, she is better known for a tabloid life of domestic abuse, drug and DUI arrests, and suicide attempts.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- Public IDs woman accused of stealing from elderly victim
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape