|Published:||May 25, 2010 5:05 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 2:05 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK News has learned that country singer Mindy McCready has been hospitalized for a possible overdose.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office has confirmed that they were dispatched to McCready's mother's home on Sandburg Drive in North Fort Myers at 10:38 a.m.
WINK has confirmed that McCready was transported to Cape Coral Hospital. A hospital spokesperson said that McCready was listed in good condition. According to her mother, McCready was alert and talking.
"The family asks for your respect of their privacy and appreciates your thoughts and prayers at this time," a press release stated.
McCready recently appeared in a Lee County courthouse for a custody-related hearing. She's also made headlines for a recent sex tape and her appearance on VH1's Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew.
McCready surfaced in 1996 with No. 1 hit, "Guys Do It All The Time," and a double-platinum album, "Ten Thousand Angels." In recent years, she is better known for a tabloid life of domestic abuse, drug and DUI arrests, and suicide attempts.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Burglary suspect casually takes items from unlocked vehicle
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- Naples paddleboard club rides to help Oklahoma
- New video shows Hohensee's anger