|Published:||May 25, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating reports of a body in a canal in the area of Paradise Shores and Queen Ann Drive.
It was a citizen who contacted authorities around 1:00 p.m. to report a body floating in the canal.
Chris Cook ,a resident of the neighborhood, says he believes he saw the man early yesterday morning with three other men paddling a fishing boat.
They were dressed in all black and once they got a good distance from the houses, they fired up the boat's motor.
Shortly after, deputies swarmed the area looking for suspects involved in an occupied home burlgary.
Cook believes the man was one of the suspects.
Cook says, "I didn't think the two were really related at first and then I walked up to make sure my neighbor was alright. I went out on his boat and stood there and I could see the guy floating in the water with his hands like this with two black mechanics gloves on. he was wearing a black suit. I was like ohhhh...I started putting two and two together."
Authorities have yet to confirm any connection between the incidents.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors