|Published:||May 25, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 25, 2010 3:35 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - The Lee County Sheriff's Office is investigating reports of a body in a canal in the area of Paradise Shores and Queen Ann Drive.
It was a citizen who contacted authorities around 1:00 p.m. to report a body floating in the canal.
Chris Cook ,a resident of the neighborhood, says he believes he saw the man early yesterday morning with three other men paddling a fishing boat.
They were dressed in all black and once they got a good distance from the houses, they fired up the boat's motor.
Shortly after, deputies swarmed the area looking for suspects involved in an occupied home burlgary.
Cook believes the man was one of the suspects.
Cook says, "I didn't think the two were really related at first and then I walked up to make sure my neighbor was alright. I went out on his boat and stood there and I could see the guy floating in the water with his hands like this with two black mechanics gloves on. he was wearing a black suit. I was like ohhhh...I started putting two and two together."
Authorities have yet to confirm any connection between the incidents.
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids
- UNF golfer killed in small plane crash
- 3 arrested in stolen exam scheme at FIU
- 'Magic' Johnson to speak at Quality Life Center fundraiser
- 3 Miami-Dade officers shot, 2 suspects killed
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- Miami-Dade Police officer shot, hospitalized
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present