|Published:||May 22, 2010 3:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 22, 2010 3:25 AM EDT|
"There were pools of blood around the baby and the mother." That's how one witness described the scene in Lehigh Acres, where authorities say a 43-year old man slashed the throats of his daughter and grandson. The child, 3 months old, died on Friday afternoon.
"it is sick, very sick," said neighbor Wayne Wyman. "I know we have crime in this area, but this is beyond anything imaginable."
The Lee Sheriff's office arrested Manuel Rosales for attacking his daughter and grandson Thursday evening. Ella Cesar told WINK that the daughter and father were arguing before the incident. Chris Leach, another neighbor, quoted a man who was first on the scene of the attacks.
"He told me the baby and mother were covered in blood. They were lying on the driveway. A deputy said to get away, you don't need to see this," Leach told WINK.
The sheriff's report indicates that Rosales cut the neck of the baby boy, in full view of the mother, who was already wounded and lying on the driveway of the home.
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Lee's family talks about new 911 dispatcher training
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- Estero firefighters rescue impaled seagull
- FWC releases rehabilitated panther in Hendry County
- Cincy firefighters are heating things up on FMB
- Changes to Lee Way mean customers buy new transponders