|Published:||May 22, 2010 3:13 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 22, 2010 3:25 AM EDT|
"There were pools of blood around the baby and the mother." That's how one witness described the scene in Lehigh Acres, where authorities say a 43-year old man slashed the throats of his daughter and grandson. The child, 3 months old, died on Friday afternoon.
"it is sick, very sick," said neighbor Wayne Wyman. "I know we have crime in this area, but this is beyond anything imaginable."
The Lee Sheriff's office arrested Manuel Rosales for attacking his daughter and grandson Thursday evening. Ella Cesar told WINK that the daughter and father were arguing before the incident. Chris Leach, another neighbor, quoted a man who was first on the scene of the attacks.
"He told me the baby and mother were covered in blood. They were lying on the driveway. A deputy said to get away, you don't need to see this," Leach told WINK.
The sheriff's report indicates that Rosales cut the neck of the baby boy, in full view of the mother, who was already wounded and lying on the driveway of the home.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- New video shows Hohensee's anger
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Communications satellite launched into space
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center