|Published:||May 21, 2010 7:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2010 7:44 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - It was one of many vicious text messages between two 15-year-olds that lead to a brutal attack at a South Florida middle school.
One message that went from victim Josie Lou Ratley's phone to Wayne Treacy's read: "go visit ur dead brother," referring to Treacy's sibling who had committed suicide.
Treacy's immediate response was: "I swear to God I'm gonna kill you."
Detectives says Treacy then went to Ratley's school and stomped her into a coma in front of classmates.
The texts were released Friday by Treacy's attorney. Prosecutors on Thursday released a recording of Treacy telling a detective the text message angered him and he "couldn't get the feeling to subside."
Treacy has pleaded not guilty to first-degree attempted murder for the March 17 attack.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- Dr. Joseph Burke's Last Day as Superintendent
- Poll: Rubio gets negative marks on immigration
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- School board approves new superintendent's contract
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- Judge reads charge against Zimmerman to jurors