|Published:||May 21, 2010 7:44 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2010 7:44 PM EDT|
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) - It was one of many vicious text messages between two 15-year-olds that lead to a brutal attack at a South Florida middle school.
One message that went from victim Josie Lou Ratley's phone to Wayne Treacy's read: "go visit ur dead brother," referring to Treacy's sibling who had committed suicide.
Treacy's immediate response was: "I swear to God I'm gonna kill you."
Detectives says Treacy then went to Ratley's school and stomped her into a coma in front of classmates.
The texts were released Friday by Treacy's attorney. Prosecutors on Thursday released a recording of Treacy telling a detective the text message angered him and he "couldn't get the feeling to subside."
Treacy has pleaded not guilty to first-degree attempted murder for the March 17 attack.
- Man surrenders after stand-off in St. James City
- EPA safety testing closes Desoto Middle School
- Florida election a test for Obama health care law
- Collier school district approves new cyberbullying policy
- Trial date set for daycare owner charged in boy's drowning
- Woman works to improve the Dunbar community
- Injunction for husband of woman who drove in ocean
- Ukrainian student in SWFL shares perspective on unrest
- FSU students spend spring break 'serving the underserved'
- Former head of Harborside sues City of Ft. Myers