|Published:||May 21, 2010 1:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2010 4:52 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - The Lee County Sherrif's Office has charged 43-year-old Manuel De Jesus Rosales with two counts of attempted murder for allegedly cutting the throat of his daughter; the then turned the knife on his grandson, slashing the three-month-old child's throat as his mother watched.
Deputies say Rosales and his 21-year-old daughter got into an argument that turned phsyical. Authorities believe he chased her into the house and grabbed a large knife and chased her back outside.
Deputies say Rosales cut his daughters throat one time, then made her watch as he cut the throat of her three-month-old son; he then cut her throat two more times. Both victims are in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Rosales was taken into custody at the scene, questioned and booked into the Lee County Jail at 6:32 a.m. this morning.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- Elderly Naples man accused of molesting special needs teen
- Mother accused of doing 'whippets' while baby was present
- Family surprises neighbors with 'Random Acts of Kindness'
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- Lee County school board votes to make school day longer
- Caretaker allegedly takes more than $11,300 from victim
- G. Weaver Hipps Elementary collects supplies for foster kids