|Published:||May 21, 2010 1:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 21, 2010 4:52 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - The Lee County Sherrif's Office has charged 43-year-old Manuel De Jesus Rosales with two counts of attempted murder for allegedly cutting the throat of his daughter; the then turned the knife on his grandson, slashing the three-month-old child's throat as his mother watched.
Deputies say Rosales and his 21-year-old daughter got into an argument that turned phsyical. Authorities believe he chased her into the house and grabbed a large knife and chased her back outside.
Deputies say Rosales cut his daughters throat one time, then made her watch as he cut the throat of her three-month-old son; he then cut her throat two more times. Both victims are in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
Rosales was taken into custody at the scene, questioned and booked into the Lee County Jail at 6:32 a.m. this morning.
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- FMPD arrests 10 on drug charges, looking for 9 more
- Request to exhume remains from panhandle school rejected
- Fort Myers Dog Show takes over Lee Civic Center
- Beware of Memorial Day scams aimed at military personnel
- Community comes together for Safety Fair & 5k
- Gearing up for summer with Memorial Day travel
- Communications satellite launched into space