|Published:||May 20, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Traffic has been snarled on I-75 as the result of a single vehicle rollover accident which was reported shortly after 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 20.
The crash occurred on the southbound side of I-75 near mile marker 153.
Shortly after 11:00 a.m., I-75 was closed down temporarily to allow for a MedStar helicopter landing. Authorities say the victim was airlifted from the scene; it's believed the victim was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital for medical attention.
WINK News has a crew at the scene and we'll bring you the latest details as soon as they become available.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275