|Published:||May 20, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 4:30 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - Traffic has been snarled on I-75 as the result of a single vehicle rollover accident which was reported shortly after 10:30 a.m. Thursday, May 20.
The crash occurred on the southbound side of I-75 near mile marker 153.
Shortly after 11:00 a.m., I-75 was closed down temporarily to allow for a MedStar helicopter landing. Authorities say the victim was airlifted from the scene; it's believed the victim was taken to Lee Memorial Hospital for medical attention.
WINK News has a crew at the scene and we'll bring you the latest details as soon as they become available.
- 10 whales dead, dozens stranded in Everglades
- Update: Cape Coral kid hit by car doing 'a lot better'
- Suspect in custody after Orlando-area school shooting
- Sheriff: Fla. man kills wife, son with crossbow
- Gifts, volunteers needed for adopt-a-senior holiday program
- Cops: Man shoots friend while watching football
- 'Hazmat situation' determined not suspicious
- Pt. Charlotte street closed due to roadway collapse
- 2 Keys men get prison for wildlife trafficking
- Water main break blocks Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41