|Published:||May 20, 2010 6:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 9:57 PM EDT|
COLLIER COUNTY, Fla. - A mother is arrested after authorities encountered her garbage-strewn, cockroach-infested vehicle. It's said that cockroaches were crawling in the babies' car seats.
The Collier County Sheriff's Department has arrested 27-year-old Sarah Kay Rapson on three counts of child neglect without great bodily harm.
The case unfolded around 7:00 p.m. Wednesday, when Sheriff's deputies were dispatched to Orange Blossom Drive. Witnesses became concerned when they encountered the silver insect- and roach-infested mini-van. Police reports say that the vehicle had a foul odor and a significant amount of trash was observed inside the min-van.
Police encountered the woman as she exited a neaby location with her three children and another family member. The woman indicated that she owned the vehicle and authorities conducted a brief investigation; Rapson was taken into custody on three counts of child neglect without great bodily harm.
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- No one hurt in North Fort Myers mobile home fire
- Lehigh family wants schoolbus back
- Grace Church's worm farms help students with special needs
- Rescuers work to herd stranded whales away from SWFL shore
- Florida Supreme Court to discuss medical marijuana Thursday
- Collier County first responders investigate hazmat situation
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys