|Published:||May 20, 2010 5:00 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 4:57 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - An early morning fire in North Fort Myers has been ruled accidental. Firefighters responded to the Palm Avenue apartment building around 5:45 a.m. Thursday, May 20.
Upon arrival, firefighters encountered flames fully engulfing a second floor apartment.
A single woman living in the unit told firefighters she woke up to find her pillow in flames. The woman told authorities that she left the apartment, believing the fire had been extinguished. When the woman went outside, she accidentally locked the door behind her; it appears that the fire was rekindled. Neighbors smelled smoke and contacted the authorities.
- LCSO searches for missing Fort Myers teen
- CCSO IDs Golden Gate Estates murder victim, makes arrest
- Fort Myers Police investigating shooting.
- Free bee removal for a woman after a year of heartache
- Bicyclist remains in critical condition after morning crash
- Builders Care gives Fort Myers man new home for Christmas
- Charities give to needy kids, regardless of family history
- New phone scam targets caller ID
- The road ahead for Radel's treatment