|Published:||May 20, 2010 11:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 11:21 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla. - It was a shocking and gross discovery inside a mini-van. The story is enough to make your skin crawl.
When WINK News visited the home of 27-year-old Sarah Rapson, we found dirty toys scattered throughout the yard. No one was home, but we're told Rapson was at the First Baptist Church in Naples Wednesday night, when a passerby looked in her mini-van and made a horrifying discovery.
The Collier County Sheriff's Office report shows Rapson's mini-van was crawling with cockroaches and filled with trash. The report says there were two baby seats in the back, also infested with bugs. Rapson was arrested with her three kids in the parking lot. Some neighbors say they're not surprised at the arrest. Others are.
"I really don't have an answer to what she need to do, you know," neighbor Jeannine Youngblood said. "I really think she tries."
Rapson had her kids here for Bible study before she was arrested. She's charged with three counts of child neglect.
The Church wouldn't go on-camera, but tells us people have called in about wanting to help.
The Department of Children and Families says they've tried to work with this family in the past. For now, they have removed the children from the home, deeming it unhealthy and unsafe.
- Man linked to Pt. Charlotte accused in wife's death
- 2 Cape Coral men accused of battery on an FHP officer
- Punta Gorda victim of theft follows and detains suspect
- Lottery sales suspended at stores raided for illegal drugs
- CCSO: no reason to believe accused murderer heading to SWFL
- NTSB releases preliminary report on Fla. jet crash
- 3 people killed in Florida Panhandle boat crash
- Man who rescued motorcycle rider, killed in crash on Friday
- 2nd bear suspected in woman's mauling euthanized
- Sentencing delayed for Tampa abortion drug case