|Published:||May 20, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Police have apprehended a suspect in the Lani Kai robbery incident that occurred on April 18, 2010.
The suspect has been identified as Brenda Katheryn Jolly, age 43, of San Diego Street in North Fort Myers. She is now facing charges stemming from the April 18 robbery. Authorities were able to identify the suspect thanks to a CrimeStoppers tip; a citizen recognized the suspect from surveillance footage that was broadcast in the media.
Authorities from the Lee County Sheriff's Office believe that Jolly was involved in the robbery of a man whom she met at the Lani Kai bar.
The victim told authorities that he had invited Jolly and her friends -- two females and one male -- back to his nearby apartment. As walked to his apartment, Jolly's friends allegedly restrained the victim while Jolly allegedly stole his wallet, containing $1,000 cash.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County