|Published:||May 20, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Police have apprehended a suspect in the Lani Kai robbery incident that occurred on April 18, 2010.
The suspect has been identified as Brenda Katheryn Jolly, age 43, of San Diego Street in North Fort Myers. She is now facing charges stemming from the April 18 robbery. Authorities were able to identify the suspect thanks to a CrimeStoppers tip; a citizen recognized the suspect from surveillance footage that was broadcast in the media.
Authorities from the Lee County Sheriff's Office believe that Jolly was involved in the robbery of a man whom she met at the Lani Kai bar.
The victim told authorities that he had invited Jolly and her friends -- two females and one male -- back to his nearby apartment. As walked to his apartment, Jolly's friends allegedly restrained the victim while Jolly allegedly stole his wallet, containing $1,000 cash.
- Woman takes wallet left at Walmart, uses debit card
- Annual 'Red, White & BOOM!' celebration comes to an end
- Redmond: Man charged with spreading HIV wants case dropped
- A feud between fire and EMS could soon come to an end
- WINK News gets Collier call center employees back pay
- Four Lee County Schools will have extended hours in January
- Cape Coral Elks Lodge forced to shut its doors
- Red drift algae could pile up on SWFL beaches in 2014
- Closing of Fla. power plant will take 60 years
- Real life grinch steals Christmas stockings