|Published:||May 20, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 20, 2010 9:11 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS BEACH, Fla. - Police have apprehended a suspect in the Lani Kai robbery incident that occurred on April 18, 2010.
The suspect has been identified as Brenda Katheryn Jolly, age 43, of San Diego Street in North Fort Myers. She is now facing charges stemming from the April 18 robbery. Authorities were able to identify the suspect thanks to a CrimeStoppers tip; a citizen recognized the suspect from surveillance footage that was broadcast in the media.
Authorities from the Lee County Sheriff's Office believe that Jolly was involved in the robbery of a man whom she met at the Lani Kai bar.
The victim told authorities that he had invited Jolly and her friends -- two females and one male -- back to his nearby apartment. As walked to his apartment, Jolly's friends allegedly restrained the victim while Jolly allegedly stole his wallet, containing $1,000 cash.
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Fire officials say radios need upgrades by 2017
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia