|Published:||May 20, 2010 4:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 11:23 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK News has new details in the case of a hit and run accident that nearly claimed the life of 22-year-old David Mustonen.
Mustonen has undergone heart surgery; stints were inserted in an effort to repair damage that occurred in the impact. His family said he's now recovering.
It was Monday, May 10, when Mustonen was bicycling near the intersection of Bayshore Road and Glick Drive. He was hit by a pick-up truck; the driver fled, leaving him for dead.
Mustonen suffered broken bones, bruises, road rash and internal injuries.
A few days after the crash, authorities found the truck that they believe struck Mustonen, but authorities have not been able to locate the registered owner. Police have yet to identify the driver and no arrests have been made.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputy-involved shooting in LaBelle leaves one man dead
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- Man allegedly grabs undercover detective at public park
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- 'Eagle Fever' heating up for FGCU game
- Police video of Bieber's urine test released