|Published:||May 20, 2010 4:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 11:23 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK News has new details in the case of a hit and run accident that nearly claimed the life of 22-year-old David Mustonen.
Mustonen has undergone heart surgery; stints were inserted in an effort to repair damage that occurred in the impact. His family said he's now recovering.
It was Monday, May 10, when Mustonen was bicycling near the intersection of Bayshore Road and Glick Drive. He was hit by a pick-up truck; the driver fled, leaving him for dead.
Mustonen suffered broken bones, bruises, road rash and internal injuries.
A few days after the crash, authorities found the truck that they believe struck Mustonen, but authorities have not been able to locate the registered owner. Police have yet to identify the driver and no arrests have been made.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Lee Tran routes on proposed budget chopping block
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island