|Published:||May 20, 2010 4:24 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 11:23 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - WINK News has new details in the case of a hit and run accident that nearly claimed the life of 22-year-old David Mustonen.
Mustonen has undergone heart surgery; stints were inserted in an effort to repair damage that occurred in the impact. His family said he's now recovering.
It was Monday, May 10, when Mustonen was bicycling near the intersection of Bayshore Road and Glick Drive. He was hit by a pick-up truck; the driver fled, leaving him for dead.
Mustonen suffered broken bones, bruises, road rash and internal injuries.
A few days after the crash, authorities found the truck that they believe struck Mustonen, but authorities have not been able to locate the registered owner. Police have yet to identify the driver and no arrests have been made.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings spotted in SC
- Gov. Scott wants to cut auto registration fees
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday