|Published:||May 19, 2010 10:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 10:21 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lee County Deputies are calling the death of a 15-year-old boy an accident. The sheriff's office says the boy has handling a revolver inside his home when it went off.
Cody Rossback, 15, died in a Tampa hospital after suffering a gunshot wound he recieved on Monday, May 17th.
According to reports, his mother heard a gunshot, then found her wounded son. Rossback was not breathing and had no pulse when deputies arrived.
The boy's stepfather said he doesn't know where the gun came from.
Sgt. Stephanie Eller with the Lee County Sheriff's Office says parents should talk to their kids early. "The younger children, when they start showing any sort of interest in guns or even older kids, they need to be taught at that point that guns can be dangerous and they can kill people and they can harm people."
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- Festival of Dance to feature many genres this weekend
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Invalid DL leads to Port Charlotte drug arrest
- Boil water notice in effect after Cape water main break
- FMPD gets high-tech vehicle to catch impaired drivers