|Published:||May 19, 2010 10:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 10:21 PM EDT|
LEHIGH ACRES, Fla. - Lee County Deputies are calling the death of a 15-year-old boy an accident. The sheriff's office says the boy has handling a revolver inside his home when it went off.
Cody Rossback, 15, died in a Tampa hospital after suffering a gunshot wound he recieved on Monday, May 17th.
According to reports, his mother heard a gunshot, then found her wounded son. Rossback was not breathing and had no pulse when deputies arrived.
The boy's stepfather said he doesn't know where the gun came from.
Sgt. Stephanie Eller with the Lee County Sheriff's Office says parents should talk to their kids early. "The younger children, when they start showing any sort of interest in guns or even older kids, they need to be taught at that point that guns can be dangerous and they can kill people and they can harm people."
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- US unemployment falls to 7 pct. on 203K jobs added
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Baby born on side of expressway in Miami
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- 1 killed, 1 injured in Orlando hit-and-run
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free