|Published:||May 19, 2010 3:27 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 3:27 PM EDT|
TAMPA, Fla. (AP) - A Tampa man is being held in jail on a charge of desecration of a grave after bones were found in his backpack.
Andres Sotelo-Rivera was arrested late Tuesday night, just days after a grave was found disturbed at Woodlawn Cemetery. Authorities say a security guard spotted the 41-year-old and another man walking away from that same tomb, but the two took off running.
The guard chased Rivero and was able to hold him down until police arrived. The other suspect got away. A tire iron, a hammer and human bones were found in Rivero's backpack.
No other graves were disturbed. It was not immediately clear why Rivera wanted the bones.
The grave was from 1936. Rivero was also charged with aggravated assault for attempting to hit the security guard with a brick.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Lee school board narrows down supt. search
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Florida emergency officials ready to assist OK victims
- McGregor Baptist offers way to Help Tornado Victims
- Governor Scott signs bill to expand early voting days