|Published:||May 19, 2010 11:21 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 19, 2010 11:21 PM EDT|
LEE COUNTY, Fla. - Lee County Public Schools want to offer free breakfast to every student starting this fall.
Studies show that kids to eat a good breakfast have better focus, and therefore, student achievement improves. Right now, Lee County school officials believe that many kids are coming to school hungry.
Food services will eat the extra cost of the program by making changes elsewhere. The school board needs to approve the plan at a meeting in June.
- Pilot whales change course, move closer to shore
- 2 die in South Florida motorcycle crash
- SWFL gathering Saturday to support elderly smack cam victim
- Man catches dog thief in the act
- Post Office offers help on Sundays
- Edcational app making the grade in Lee County Schools
- Ft. Myers woman reflects on Mandela, growing up in S. Africa
- Garrod Drywall burglary suspect blacks out cameras
- Couple killed while crossing US 1 in central Fla.
- Naples beach renourishment project set to wrap up next week