|Published:||May 18, 2010 8:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 8:50 PM EDT|
GULF OF MEXICO - BP has released video of the underwater oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. This was released on May 18, 2010.
The federal government announced Tuesday it is nearly tripling the size of an area in the Gulf of Mexico that's closed to fishing because of a massive oil spill off the coast of Louisiana.
Meanwhile, Federal officials say 189 dead sea turtles, birds and other animals have been found along Gulf of Mexico coastlines since a massive oil spill started last month.
The total includes 154 sea turtles, primarily the endangered Kemp's ridley variety, plus 12 dolphins and 23 migratory birds. But in a phone news conference Tuesday, officials said they don't know how many were killed by oil or chemical dispersants.
- Snitch Stoppers 239 founder arrested on drug charges
- SB I-75 reopens after dump truck hit overpass
- Naples man claims coworker set him on fire
- Lehigh double murder suspect who fled will return to SWFL
- Fire breaks out at home where search warrant was served
- Father buries son, exhumes casket to find it a mess
- Soldier surprises his children in time for Christmas
- FMPD makes arrest in Fifth Third Bank robbery
- Surveillance camera catches Citgo robbery suspect in the act
- Head-on collision blocks part of Vanderbilt Beach Rd.