|Published:||May 18, 2010 8:50 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 8:50 PM EDT|
GULF OF MEXICO - BP has released video of the underwater oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. This was released on May 18, 2010.
The federal government announced Tuesday it is nearly tripling the size of an area in the Gulf of Mexico that's closed to fishing because of a massive oil spill off the coast of Louisiana.
Meanwhile, Federal officials say 189 dead sea turtles, birds and other animals have been found along Gulf of Mexico coastlines since a massive oil spill started last month.
The total includes 154 sea turtles, primarily the endangered Kemp's ridley variety, plus 12 dolphins and 23 migratory birds. But in a phone news conference Tuesday, officials said they don't know how many were killed by oil or chemical dispersants.
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Arrest made in Port Charlotte party shooting
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.
- Skydiver, pilot treated after midair accident
- Coast Guard: 10 migrants repatriated back to Cuba