|Published:||May 18, 2010 4:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 4:02 AM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A bizarre hit and run on Bayshore Road in North Fort Myers Monday sends two people to the hospital.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office says 50 year-old Joseph Cantali was arrested and charges with several counts, including DUI, leaving the scene of a crash, and marijuana possession.
WINK News was there minutes after a vehicle hit another car, sending it into a ditch, then kept on driving. Witnesses say a few yards away, Cantali's car ran off the road and side swiped a house. Three people were inside sitting on a couch along the wall that was hit. Two of them were taken to the hospital after complaining of back problems.
Witnesses say Cantali didn't stop there; witnesses say he took off again, but deputies caught up with him and took him into custody.
- Person of interest in Lehigh Acres killings not alone
- 3-year-old allegedly sets Cape Coral apartment fire
- LCSO investigates North Ft. Myers homicide
- Suspect cuts Punta Gorda horse's mane
- Retired NFL player becomes head coach for NFMHS football
- Fla man jailed after losing $100 in card game
- Victim's parents ask for public's help in finding suspect
- Woman allegedly caught on camera taking wallet, using card
- Lee-DOH reports 5 raccoon bites in less than 3 weeks
- Bike run to benefit Toys for Tots this Saturday