|Published:||May 18, 2010 4:02 AM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 4:02 AM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS, Fla. - A bizarre hit and run on Bayshore Road in North Fort Myers Monday sends two people to the hospital.
The Lee County Sheriff's Office says 50 year-old Joseph Cantali was arrested and charges with several counts, including DUI, leaving the scene of a crash, and marijuana possession.
WINK News was there minutes after a vehicle hit another car, sending it into a ditch, then kept on driving. Witnesses say a few yards away, Cantali's car ran off the road and side swiped a house. Three people were inside sitting on a couch along the wall that was hit. Two of them were taken to the hospital after complaining of back problems.
Witnesses say Cantali didn't stop there; witnesses say he took off again, but deputies caught up with him and took him into custody.
- Fire Dept: Barricaded man couldn't have survived fire
- Man shot to death while questioned in Boston probe
- Southbound I-75 reopens after rollover crash near Colonial
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Crews battle brush fire near Island Park
- Report: mother at fault in fatal Alligator Alley crash
- Fire shuts down Jersey's Sports Cafe
- SWFL soldier surprises kids live on WINK News
- IRS hits Miccosukee tribe with $170M tax bill
- Police say school nurse's blood alcohol level was .275