|Published:||May 18, 2010 5:52 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 5:52 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The crime scene tape is coming down and authorities are allowing workers to return to their offices and businesses following the detonation of a suspicious package that was found in front of the Federal Courthouse around 8:50 a.m.
Roadways that were closed-off during the investigation have re-opened to traffic.
The Lee County Bomb Squad was dispatched to the First Street location, where the package was detonated at approximately 11:40 a.m. Authorities used a robot to X-ray and examine the package, described as a lunch cooler.
Nearby roadways were closed and the federal buildings were evacuated, along with other nearby workplaces, including a law firm, Quiznos and Starbucks.
The investigation into the situation continues.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend