|Published:||May 18, 2010 12:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 12:32 PM EDT|
We have five simple steps to save money on your wedding.
This comes from the author of "Priceless Weddings For Under $5000"!
Kathleen Kennedy says #1: Prioritize.
Decide what is most important to you and cut corners on the less important items.
#2: Limit the guest list.
Most wedding vendors charge per person so this can really reduce the cost.
The best rule of thumb: don't invite more guests than you can spend one minute of time with.
For example, if you have 300 guests it would take over five hours just to spend one minute with each person.
A buffet is always cheaper than a sit down meal.
You could consider drop off catering.
#4: Location, location, location.
There are many low or no-cost locations, including national parks or a friend's home.
Plus, a wedding on any day but Saturday will reduce expenses.
Morning weddings are also usually cheaper.
#5: Do it yourself invitations.
Using just a computer and pre cut invitations could save you a bundle...and no one will know you did it yourself, unless you want them to.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story