|Published:||May 18, 2010 12:32 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 12:32 PM EDT|
We have five simple steps to save money on your wedding.
This comes from the author of "Priceless Weddings For Under $5000"!
Kathleen Kennedy says #1: Prioritize.
Decide what is most important to you and cut corners on the less important items.
#2: Limit the guest list.
Most wedding vendors charge per person so this can really reduce the cost.
The best rule of thumb: don't invite more guests than you can spend one minute of time with.
For example, if you have 300 guests it would take over five hours just to spend one minute with each person.
A buffet is always cheaper than a sit down meal.
You could consider drop off catering.
#4: Location, location, location.
There are many low or no-cost locations, including national parks or a friend's home.
Plus, a wedding on any day but Saturday will reduce expenses.
Morning weddings are also usually cheaper.
#5: Do it yourself invitations.
Using just a computer and pre cut invitations could save you a bundle...and no one will know you did it yourself, unless you want them to.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Police find 2 bodies inside West Palm Beach school
- Fla. school tells students to drop online classes
- 2 children remain hospitalized after near drowning incidents
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Judge sends N. Fla. man to prison for life
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI