|Published:||May 18, 2010 10:28 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 18, 2010 10:28 PM EDT|
CHARLOTTE COUNTY, Fla. - The Charlotte County Sheriff’s Office is investigating a robbery of Obee’s Soup-Salad-Subs, 1931 Tamiami Trail in Port Charlotte that occurred this morning.
The owner said as she was opening the store for business, when a man followed her inside, demanded money and fled toward the Days Inn. CCSO received the call at 10:21 a.m. and dispatched deputies, detectives, K-9, and the Aviation helicopter.
Major Crimes Unit detectives said the white male was in his 30s, 5 foot 6 inches tall, 150 pounds, thin build, and smelled of cigarette smoke. He was wearing a dark two-tone color baseball cap, white crew neck, long baggy tee-shirt, khaki shorts to his knees and black tennis shoes.
Detectives said the suspect implied that he had a gun, grabbed an undetermined amount of money, and fled the store.
If you have information about this suspect, please call the CCSO at 941-639-2101, or Crime Stoppers at 800-780-TIPS (8477).
- Rep. Trey Radel says he will not resign from Congress
- Rep. Trey Radel speaks publicly on arrest, rehab and future
- McGregor Blvd.now open after vehicle hits pedestrian
- Wawa, Chipotle and others come to South Ft. Myers
- Wildlife officials say pelican injuries are on the rise
- Man found dead in Golden Gate Estates Home
- Suncoast Santa competes with big drives for toys for kids
- LCEC band Killa-Watts play for LARC