|Published:||May 17, 2010 1:45 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 17, 2010 1:45 PM EDT|
Lee County Sheriff's Deputies shot and killed a shooting suspect late Sunday night. The incident started with gunfire at The Inn at the Springs on on Highland Woods Boulevard in Bonita Springs and ended on Morton Avenue.
At the hotel, sheriff's deputies say one man was shot and taken to the hospital. They were able to talk to him and some witnesses to identify the man that pulled the trigger. They went to a home on Morton Avenue where the suspect could be and say he pulled up in a car while they were there. Deputies tried to pull him over but he took off. They forced the car into a ditch and when moving in to arrest him say the suspect pulled a gun.
The victim's name is not being released until their family is notified. The four deputies that fired their guns are on standard adminstrative leave during the investigation. The man shot at the hotel is also not yet being investigated. Trust WINK News for continuing coverage throughout the day.
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Local repairman fixes broken Cape Coral clock for free
- Lee deputies investigating shooting on Bokeelia
- Republican candidates take part in forum in Coliler County