|Published:||May 14, 2010 8:12 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 8:12 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE - Governor Charlie Crist will interview four applicants to fill the vacant Lee County Commissioner's seat which was formerly held by the late Bob Janes.
The finalists are: Chris Berardi, former Cape Coral Councilman; Carla Johnston, former Mayor of Sanibel Island; Mike Jackson, former Economic Development Director in Cape Coral; and John Manning, a former Lee Commissioner.
There's no word on when the Governor will make the appointment.
In addition, the search and selection process also underway as officials seek a new Cape Coral city manager.
- Hostage situation ends in house fire, man found dead inside
- Ft. Myers man dies in New Jersey crash, wife critically hurt
- FWC relocates largest black bear captured in Fla.
- Vehicles flee the scene after seriously injuring pedestrian
- Sun Splash Waterpark begins summer hours Friday
- CCSO searches for missing 23 y/o Golden Gate woman
- Man finds drugs in a safe in front of his Pt. Charlotte home
- Crash with injuries on Veterans at Chiquita blocks traffic
- Desoto officials search for missing Nocatee man
- Investigation determines electrical problems caused bus fire