|Published:||May 14, 2010 9:59 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 9:59 PM EDT|
SARASOTA COUNTY, Fla. - The Sarasota County Sheriff’s Office Fugitive Apprehension Unit today arrested a convicted sex offender who has been on the run since November 2009.
Investigators following-up on an anonymous tip that was called into Crime Stoppers found the suspect, 26-year-old Nicky Roman Salvador, hiding in an apartment in the 2000 block of Fruitville Road in Sarasota.
Salvador was taken into custody with the assistance of the Sarasota Police Department and the Sheriff’s Office K9 Unit. Salvador is facing one charge for failure to register his address as a sex offender and two charges for failure to appear in court and contempt of court.
He is being held without bond.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County