|Published:||May 14, 2010 7:34 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 7:34 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Authorities have seized guns and drugs in a raid on Market Street.
Detectives raided a home on the 2700 hundred block of Market Street after authorities received reports of drug activity. Authorities seized crack cocaine, marijuana, pills, nine guns and nearly $1,500 in cash.
In other news, forty years and 1 trillion dollars later, the U.S. Drug Czar is saying that the war on drugs has not been a success.
This came on the heels of President Obama's announcement of a new policy that will treat drug use as a public health issue.
The Obama Administration has also increased spending on law enforcement. Fort Myers police arrest 3 people in a drug and gun bust.
- LCSO finds, arrests North Fort Myers murder suspect
- Suspect in Lehigh double murder located in WY
- Man pays down 76 layaway orders at Fla. store
- FMPD arrests 16 suspected drug dealers
- LCSO searched for missing 29 y/o Bonita man
- Attorney blasts investigation into FSU's Winston
- Deputies shoot bank robbery suspect who claimed to have bomb
- Hertz plans to open temporary headquarters in Bonita Springs
- Fla. Attorney General temporarily stops Service Star
- 2 transported by helicopter after serious crash on SR 776