ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - Authorities in Charlotte County are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in his Englewood home.
Authorities were alerted to a possible problem when a Meals on Wheels volunteer contacted police to report that the man's car was parked in the driveway, but the resident, identified as 56-year-old Lewis Mercer, had not been seen in two days.
Inside, authorities found a couch that appeared to have caught fire, but the fire went out before the flames could spread tot the home.
An investigation is now underway into the circumstances surrounding this man's death. WINK News will bring you the latest details as soon as they become available.
- 20-year-old girl dies in Cape Coral scooter crash
- $590M-plus Powerball: 1 winning ticket sold in Florida
- Bikers participate in Collier County 'Freedom Ride'
- Friends Mourn Friend Killed in Motor Scooter Crash
- Body of autistic boy vacationing in Fla. is found
- Fla. Gov. will veto 3 percent college tuition hike
- Fla. gov. steps up pace on signing death warrants
- Hundreds of bikers honor military with Freedom Ride 2013
- Click it or Ticket campaign begins May 20th