|Published:||May 14, 2010 5:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 5:57 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - Authorities in Charlotte County are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in his Englewood home.
Authorities were alerted to a possible problem when a Meals on Wheels volunteer contacted police to report that the man's car was parked in the driveway, but the resident, identified as 56-year-old Lewis Mercer, had not been seen in two days.
Inside, authorities found a couch that appeared to have caught fire, but the fire went out before the flames could spread tot the home.
An investigation is now underway into the circumstances surrounding this man's death. WINK News will bring you the latest details as soon as they become available.
- Woman's throat slit by daughter's boyfriend, 15
- Doctors find Mesac Damas incompetent to stand trial
- Woman allegedly steals iPhone 5S from Verizon Store
- Vehicle catches fire on Oil Well Rd.
- Salvage crews raise sunken luxury yacht
- CCSO investigates possible link in Waffle House robberies
- Dump truck and car crash on SW 20th Ave.
- Driver in crash that killed Cypress Lake grad was drunk
- FMPD arrests 2, seizes drugs, cash and handgun during search
- Driver suffers serious injuries after causing 3-car crash