|Published:||May 14, 2010 5:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 14, 2010 5:57 PM EDT|
ENGLEWOOD, Fla. - Authorities in Charlotte County are investigating the death of a man whose body was found in his Englewood home.
Authorities were alerted to a possible problem when a Meals on Wheels volunteer contacted police to report that the man's car was parked in the driveway, but the resident, identified as 56-year-old Lewis Mercer, had not been seen in two days.
Inside, authorities found a couch that appeared to have caught fire, but the fire went out before the flames could spread tot the home.
An investigation is now underway into the circumstances surrounding this man's death. WINK News will bring you the latest details as soon as they become available.
- Two dead in Lehigh Acres, LCSO seeking person of interest
- CCSO: Man threatens to shoot deputy during domestic dispute
- Interpreter for deaf at Mandela event called fake
- Mobile home destroyed in North Fort Myers fire
- No plans to remove wreckage from fatal boat crash
- State-of-the-art Fort Myers Regional Library opens its doors
- S Fla biologist recovering after rattlesnake bite
- Judge approves Cape Coral fire assessment
- Salvation Army receives another 'Mimi coin' donation
- 1 suspect in Miami-Dade police manhunt identified