|Published:||May 13, 2010 12:17 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2010 12:17 PM EDT|
Investigators may have found the pick up truck involved in a hit and run accident early Monday morning on Bayshore Road.
A witness to the accident reported to the Lee County Sheriff's office seeing the same pick up truck in the Sweetbay parking lot on Bayshore Rd. late Wednesday night.
Deputies found the truck, a Ford F-150, had damage consistent with being involved in an accident.
However, investigators have not been able to make contact with the registered owner.
Right now, the truck is in F.D.L.E. custody for a complete examination and efforts are underway to find out who the truck belongs too, if it is the one from the hit and run, and who may have been behind the wheel.
The hit and run victim, 22 year old David Mustonen is still hospitalized in critical condidtion.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico
- E-911 System Out in Charlotte County
- Sports making their way back to Edison State College
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army