|Published:||May 13, 2010 5:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2010 5:11 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS - WINK News was there as Florida highway patrol troopers find a pick up truck that may have been involved in a hit and run that left a bicyclist seriously injured.
A witness who saw a white truck hit a bicyclist early Monday morning on Bayshore Road in North Fort Myers spotted the suspected vehicle Wednesday night.
Officials with Florida Highway Patrol said the truck had damage consistent with the crash, so authorities have impounded the truck for further investigation.
Authorities say they've been unable to contact the registered owner.
David Mustonen, 22, was injured in the crash. Mustonen remains in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
- Family hospitalized after eating meat with LSD
- Cape police arrest 2nd suspect in child neglect case
- Man posts Facebook video of himself jumping on manatees
- CCSO: Woman uses stolen credit card to buy TV
- Fmr Cape resident accused of attempted sex trafficking
- Music Man Redux - Teacher needs instruments for good cause
- Alva students arrested for gun, caught with ammo day before
- Scammers call Charlotte County residents claiming to be CCU
- SUV sinks into hole in Cape Coral construction project
- Neighbors saw red flags ahead of animal cruelty arrest