|Published:||May 13, 2010 5:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2010 5:11 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS - WINK News was there as Florida highway patrol troopers find a pick up truck that may have been involved in a hit and run that left a bicyclist seriously injured.
A witness who saw a white truck hit a bicyclist early Monday morning on Bayshore Road in North Fort Myers spotted the suspected vehicle Wednesday night.
Officials with Florida Highway Patrol said the truck had damage consistent with the crash, so authorities have impounded the truck for further investigation.
Authorities say they've been unable to contact the registered owner.
David Mustonen, 22, was injured in the crash. Mustonen remains in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Hancock Bridge Pkwy near US 41 still closed Thursday morning
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes