|Published:||May 13, 2010 5:11 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 13, 2010 5:11 PM EDT|
NORTH FORT MYERS - WINK News was there as Florida highway patrol troopers find a pick up truck that may have been involved in a hit and run that left a bicyclist seriously injured.
A witness who saw a white truck hit a bicyclist early Monday morning on Bayshore Road in North Fort Myers spotted the suspected vehicle Wednesday night.
Officials with Florida Highway Patrol said the truck had damage consistent with the crash, so authorities have impounded the truck for further investigation.
Authorities say they've been unable to contact the registered owner.
David Mustonen, 22, was injured in the crash. Mustonen remains in critical condition at Lee Memorial Hospital.
- LCSO investigates a death at Edison State College
- Human remains found on Shell Point Blvd.
- Cape woman suffers serious burns after morning kitchen fire
- Ohio cop, wife face child neglect charge in Fla.
- FCAT writing results show improvement for Lee students
- Dr. Burke gives last speech before retirement
- Investigators: suspect lit flares in attic of Gateway home
- Collier deputies arrest 12 y/o girl for library bomb threat
- Lee Dept. of Health offers free pool testing kit
- Fla. woman meets son she gave up for adoption