|Published:||May 12, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panama City man was charged with throwing boiling water on his adult son during an argument.
Police say 57-year-old Joseph Guzzardo Sr. was arrested Saturday night and charged with aggravated battery charge.
Police say 33-year-old Joseph Guzzardo Jr. was sleeping when his father woke him. The began arguing and ended up in the kitchen. At some point, the father threatened to throw a pot of boiling water on the son, and the son told him to "go ahead."
The father picked up the pot and threw the water, hitting the son's back. The son ran to his room and called 911. Officers say the father appeared intoxicated or under the influence of some type of drug when they responded. The was taken to nearby hospital, and the father was taken to jail.
- Charlotte Academy student embarassed, mother angry
- Lee County pursuit ends in crash in Collier County
- Dog tests positive for rabies in Charlotte County
- U.S. Rep Connie Mack announces divorce
- Naples non-profit uses water therapy to help Veterans cope
- FDA warns of infections tied to Tennessee pharmacy
- Gov. warns schools he will fight tuition hikes
- Fort Myers man arrested in road rage shooting incident
- Naples paddleboard club rides to help Oklahoma
- New video shows Hohensee's anger