|Published:||May 12, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panama City man was charged with throwing boiling water on his adult son during an argument.
Police say 57-year-old Joseph Guzzardo Sr. was arrested Saturday night and charged with aggravated battery charge.
Police say 33-year-old Joseph Guzzardo Jr. was sleeping when his father woke him. The began arguing and ended up in the kitchen. At some point, the father threatened to throw a pot of boiling water on the son, and the son told him to "go ahead."
The father picked up the pot and threw the water, hitting the son's back. The son ran to his room and called 911. Officers say the father appeared intoxicated or under the influence of some type of drug when they responded. The was taken to nearby hospital, and the father was taken to jail.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms
- New patrol cars to help combat traffic offenses