|Published:||May 12, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 12:56 PM EDT|
PANAMA CITY, Fla. (AP) - A Panama City man was charged with throwing boiling water on his adult son during an argument.
Police say 57-year-old Joseph Guzzardo Sr. was arrested Saturday night and charged with aggravated battery charge.
Police say 33-year-old Joseph Guzzardo Jr. was sleeping when his father woke him. The began arguing and ended up in the kitchen. At some point, the father threatened to throw a pot of boiling water on the son, and the son told him to "go ahead."
The father picked up the pot and threw the water, hitting the son's back. The son ran to his room and called 911. Officers say the father appeared intoxicated or under the influence of some type of drug when they responded. The was taken to nearby hospital, and the father was taken to jail.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Warrants detail accusations in Jameis Winston case
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- New bridge has glitch that keeps a section up for 30 minutes