|Published:||May 12, 2010 9:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 9:36 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The City of Fort Myers has issued a precautionary boil water notice, effective from 8:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. Thursday.
The city will be performing work on water mains in the area; this can stir up sediments, leading to problems with the drinking water.
The notice is for the following areas:
- Magnolia Street between Hanson Street and Linhart Avenue (from 2905 to 2977 Magnolia Street)
- Holly Road between Hanson Street and Linhart Avenue (from 2902 to 2979 Holly Street)
- 1705 to 1853 Maple Avenue
As a precaution, residents are instructed to boil water for one minute before drinking, cooking or washing dishes with it.
The notice will remain in effect until tests show that the water is safe to drink.
For additional information, call 321-7608.
- Cape city workers find small mobile meth lab in the woods
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- Officials: 35 pilot whales moving in deeper water
- Attorney: Winston relieved no charges in sex case
- FMPD arrests 3 teenaged vehicle burglary suspects
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- EXCLUSIVE: LeeTran driver speaks after possible bus shooting
- Fla. man charged in boy death eyed in 2nd killing
- Owner tracks stolen boat to Mexico