|Published:||May 12, 2010 9:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 9:36 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The City of Fort Myers has issued a precautionary boil water notice, effective from 8:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. Thursday.
The city will be performing work on water mains in the area; this can stir up sediments, leading to problems with the drinking water.
The notice is for the following areas:
- Magnolia Street between Hanson Street and Linhart Avenue (from 2905 to 2977 Magnolia Street)
- Holly Road between Hanson Street and Linhart Avenue (from 2902 to 2979 Holly Street)
- 1705 to 1853 Maple Avenue
As a precaution, residents are instructed to boil water for one minute before drinking, cooking or washing dishes with it.
The notice will remain in effect until tests show that the water is safe to drink.
For additional information, call 321-7608.
- Suspects in San Carlos Park home invasion caught
- FHP releases final report on deadly Alligator Alley Accident
- How you can help tornado victims in Oklahoma
- Lee school board narrows down superintendent search
- Charlotte detectives look for suspect in credit card fraud
- Judge steps down in Watlington vs. McGregor Baptist case
- Fort Myers Florist launches DIY wedding flower sessions
- Company offers extra protection to gun owners
- Vandals cause damage at St. Leo's Catholic church
- Mote Marine asking people to keep eye out for whale sharks