|Published:||May 12, 2010 9:36 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 9:36 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - The City of Fort Myers has issued a precautionary boil water notice, effective from 8:00 a.m. through 2:00 p.m. Thursday.
The city will be performing work on water mains in the area; this can stir up sediments, leading to problems with the drinking water.
The notice is for the following areas:
- Magnolia Street between Hanson Street and Linhart Avenue (from 2905 to 2977 Magnolia Street)
- Holly Road between Hanson Street and Linhart Avenue (from 2902 to 2979 Holly Street)
- 1705 to 1853 Maple Avenue
As a precaution, residents are instructed to boil water for one minute before drinking, cooking or washing dishes with it.
The notice will remain in effect until tests show that the water is safe to drink.
For additional information, call 321-7608.
- Cape Police find child living in deplorable conditions
- Deputies confiscate handgun from students at Alva Middle
- Lee County judge rules in favor of son in life or death case
- Ford logo creates close call for FGCU men's basketball team
- FGCU WINS!
- Cape PD: Man buys iPad with stolen credit card
- Teens arrested with gun at school were searched Wednesday
- Principal charged with sexually assaulting staffer
- Sailboat off Marco Island tries to ride out Thursday's storm
- WINK News viewers capture pictures, videos of SWFL storms