|Published:||May 12, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 12, 2010 10:57 PM EDT|
CAPE CORAL, Fla. - WINK News has confirmed that Cape Coral's top cop is stepping down. Cape Police Chief Rob Petrovich will retire in just weeks.
Petrovich has served as chief of police in the City of Cape Coral for the past four years. Petrovich has not officially turned in his retirement paperwork, but WINK News has learned that his last day will be in June.
The City spokeswoman says Petrovich's plan to retire has nothing to with his son's legal troubles earlier this year.
- Woman at center of infamous killing set free
- Snow forecasted for Golden Gate Community Park Saturday
- A song from behind bars: An unlikely story
- FHP investigates fatality on SB I-75 near Corkscrew Rd.
- So. Fla. US Rep. Garcia joins 24 immigration fast
- Toy drive sign ups end Friday for Collier Salvation Army
- Cape Police arrest reckless driver near recent accident site
- Deputies arrest student accused of bringing knife to school
- Man accused in 2 killings attempts jail escape
- Officials: Encouraging sign for 24 stranded whales