|Published:||May 11, 2010 11:38 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 11:38 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Authorities have apprehended 24-year-old Gerren Carter on charges of robbery and murder. Carter was sought in connection with a deadly robbery, which occurred on December 28, 2009.
Carter was charged with the murder of his alleged accomplice in the robbery, 23-year-old Christopher McFoley. Investigators believe that McFoley and Carter had attempted to rob a man as he emerged from an apartment complex elevator.
A struggle ensued with the victim and shots were fired during the scuffle. McFoley was shot in the head; he ultimately died as a result of his injuries.
Carter was apprehended without incident. He remains in custody at the Lee County Jail.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia. ID released
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend
- Child Struck And Killed By Vehicle In Bonita Springs.