|Published:||May 11, 2010 11:37 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 11:37 PM EDT|
NAPLES, Fla.- Collier Deputies made an arrest Monday in connection with incidents where the suspect would expose himself to teen girls while they were walking to Lely High School.
19-year-old Leonard Martinez of Naples Manor was confronted by deputies on Monday near Lely High. When he gave conflicting stories to deputies, he was taken into custody.
A Lely student who did not want to be identified told WINK News what happened to her. "I was late for school and I was walking, I heard some guy's voice. I turned around and he was exposing himself all over the place. He said to me 'you want this?'."
Other victims reported similar encounters where the suspect would either follow them or hide in wooded areas, then jump out. The arrest report cites six separate occasions that all happened on or around Trammel Street.
People who were at Martinez's residence Wednesday declined to comment.
A neighbor, Augustine Cisneros, says he knows Martinez well and is surprised by the allegations. "I have two daughters, never had a problem. It's a serious accusation, it's disturbing," said Cisneros.
Martha Martinez, not related to the suspect was glad to hear of the arrest. "Our kids are playing outside all the time, we never heard anything about this," said Martinez.
Leonard Martinez is being held in jail on charges of lewd behavior.
- Three hospitalized after early morning Cape Coral crash
- Lee deputies investigating death on Bokeelia
- Lee deputies searching for 7-Eleven robber
- Fort Myers criminal defense attorney commits suicide
- Charlotte County deputies investigate shooting at a party
- Mom accused of driving into surf goes before judge
- Fort Myers Beach Shrimp festival happening this weekend