|Published:||May 11, 2010 10:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 10:09 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Walgreens will become the first U.S. retailer to sell gene testing kits.
Discover Your DNA testing kits, priced at $30 each, include a saliva collection kit. Once the sample is collected, it's sent off for testing; lab fees cost between $80 to $250, depending on the type of testing to be performed report. Consumers can learn about their genetic predisposition of conditions like Alzheimer's Disease and breast cancer.
Notably, the test is not FDA approved.
- FMPD IDs victim in fatal shooting, suspect search continues
- Charlotte deputies ID body found in burned garage
- Immokalee man accused of having sex with an 11 y/o
- Two arrested in Fort Myers drug bust
- LCSO detectives search for gas station burglary suspect
- Hazmat team responds to chlorine leak at CCI
- Part of Collier Blvd. closed due to downed power line
- Post-recession reinvention: the pet food business
- Dr. Nancy Graham sworn in as Lee County Superintendent
- Lee County Schools want to spend $180,000 on marketing