|Published:||May 11, 2010 10:09 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 10:09 PM EDT|
FORT MYERS, Fla. - Walgreens will become the first U.S. retailer to sell gene testing kits.
Discover Your DNA testing kits, priced at $30 each, include a saliva collection kit. Once the sample is collected, it's sent off for testing; lab fees cost between $80 to $250, depending on the type of testing to be performed report. Consumers can learn about their genetic predisposition of conditions like Alzheimer's Disease and breast cancer.
Notably, the test is not FDA approved.
- FMPD arrests two for aggravated assault on law enforcement
- FGCU'S Road To March Madness Comes To An End
- Power Outage Delays FGCU Game. Power Surge causes TV delay
- FGCU takes on Mercer at 2 p.m. for ASUN Championship
- Woman In Critical Condition after Motorcycle Crash In Charlo
- War Horse coming to the stage at Barbara B Mann