|Published:||May 11, 2010 11:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 11:01 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida now has an oil spill task force. Crist signed an executive order Tuesday creating the formation of the Gulf Oil Spill Economic Recovery Task Force that will be based in Tallahassee. The chairman has not yet been chosen.
The group will be responsible for helping Florida businesses and industries recover from losses caused from the massive Gulf oil spill. Members will include representatives from state and county agencies, tourism and seafood industry, among others. The group will also be responsible for monitoring BP's efforts in providing financial relief.
Crist also is calling for a special session to focus on a proposed constitutional amendment to ban offshore oil exploration.
- Cab driver saves family from mobile home fire
- Boil water notice in effect after N. Ft. Myers main break
- School bus catches fire in Lehigh Acres
- No charges in Jameis Winston sex assault case
- Kohl's keeps doors open 'round the clock until Christmas Eve
- Officials: At least 20 whales in deeper water
- Miami man allegedly hid drugs in truck's door panel
- Oma's Heart to give out last vouchers for holiday toys
- EXCLUSIVE: Watlington family looking ahead, but still grieve
- JetBlue Airways opens flight route to Haiti