|Published:||May 11, 2010 11:01 PM EDT|
|Updated:||May 11, 2010 11:01 PM EDT|
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - Florida now has an oil spill task force. Crist signed an executive order Tuesday creating the formation of the Gulf Oil Spill Economic Recovery Task Force that will be based in Tallahassee. The chairman has not yet been chosen.
The group will be responsible for helping Florida businesses and industries recover from losses caused from the massive Gulf oil spill. Members will include representatives from state and county agencies, tourism and seafood industry, among others. The group will also be responsible for monitoring BP's efforts in providing financial relief.
Crist also is calling for a special session to focus on a proposed constitutional amendment to ban offshore oil exploration.
- Employees owed money after comedy club closes down
- Cape councilman McClain stays
- Gov. Scott leads trade mission to Chile this week
- State Board of Education to get legislative update
- FHP investigating accident Lehigh Acres
- Spada to host salon & spa event for at-risk girls
- Enhanced lightning detection on Sanibel Island